OUR TECHNOLOGY > ABOUT COLD PLASMA
Cold plasma has many proven benefits for tissues, and IonMed’s improved technology has the potential to bring these benefits to the operating room.
What is cold plasma?
- Plasma is a gas in which a certain portion of the particles are ionized. Under the influence of electricity, it may form structures such as beams.
- Cold plasma generates temperatures <40°C (vs. “thermal plasma” >80°C). In contrast to thermal systems (such as “as argon plasma coagulation” and other platforms such as lasers), non-thermal plasmas have very little effect on the surrounding healthy tissue
- Enables contactless, pain-free, non-invasive and pure physical application
Known impacts of cold plasma on tissues:
- No thermal effects, cooking effects, other “collateral damage”
- Enhances hemostasis
- Promotes neovascularization and angiogenesis
- Promotes re-epithelization and may promote wound healing in a dose-dependent manner
- Bactericidal and disinfectant
- Oncocidal (anti cancer effects)